Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Two little projects last week....

Number 1.
Well my kitchen here would fall under the 'somewhat basic' category.  For ages we have had a sideboard with no doors or usable drawers. It was painted about 6 months ago (see before glimpse below!) - and finally i got around to putting a bit of material on it. Also the kitchen floor was truly nasty - bleach cleaned but still very yucky. So I painted it. That still needs finishing, but I'm much happier letting Chops crawl on it now.
before...


before...(last christmas)...

after...

with lovely 'spices and stuff' shelves Matt made

Number 2.
I made a water carrier for Matt. He is off in Juba (South Sudan - we live in the North) for the week - so I wanted to get it finished before he left.  Its padded etc so it should keep his drink cool.


Oops there's a number 3..

I am making a mat for the table (but its only nearly finished - not finished!)



4 comments:

  1. I LOVE that pieced-together curtain for your kitchen spot. So great--it's so fun to use pieces to make something nifty. Way to go with taking what you've got and making it homier and better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm amazed at how much of a difference painting the floor has made! And adding that curtain really seems to brighten the space up.

    Can't wait to see the finished table mat :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fabulous floor transformation, as well as wonderful kitchen curtains! Beautiful. Your kitchen looks so colorful and a great place to eat!

    Rita

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your "new" kitchen, Lucy, it's incredible what some fabric strips and paint + time can do to a room!

    ReplyDelete