Saturday, October 17, 2009

Quick Quilt

Well I spent alot of time looking at the Quilt Festival Quilts (so many really nice ones - lots of inspiration - i had lots of fun looking!) .... then internet went down ..... then power cuts... finally here I am again!

This week I made an quilt for a 'sudden' baby shower.  I had planned to make a little quilt for this baby, but had to accelerate my plans rather quickly!






It was fun to make as I never made one so quickly or simply!  However there are a gazillion things that I would change/do differently next time I make one like this - mainly to do with machine sewing.

I was pleased how the binding turned out as I did the 'make your own bias binding' thing.
The animal /spotty fabric is Ikea (again)(bought when we were in the states this summer). I appliqued some of them on and the others are just the fabric.
These are my favourite drivers!





3 comments:

  1. Oh how cute, Lucy! The IKEA fabric is adorable, just like your quilt. I have not seen this fabric at IKEA; too bad I missed it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad I found your blog during the quilt festival. I really love the style of your quilts. Very cute!

    ReplyDelete